Cinereach seeks an experienced Head of Operations to work out of our New York City office.
Cinereach envisions a more inclusive society, one invigorated by the diversity and complexity of the human experience. Our mission is to support films with the potential to expand circles of empathy, and provide opportunities for filmmakers to create groundbreaking and innovative work.
Cinereach operates as a foundation engaged in the proactive support of filmmakers, film projects and initiatives, and as a not-for-profit production company. Our production activities enable us to maintain a tangible relationship with the challenges filmmakers face, as well as to actively test, deploy, and champion the various support strategies in the field.
We utilize adaptive approaches to discover projects and filmmakers whose work aligns with our mission, and customize our support so each film’s unique potential can be fully realized. We also strive to catalyze change in the independent film ecosystem by broadening narrow definitions of success, addressing systemic barriers to innovation, and by pioneering creative, efficient and sustainable film philanthropy.
The Cinereach team is driven, creative and growing. Motivated by the opportunity to help bring ambitious visions to life, we apply diverse skills, passions, and a collaborative spirit to our shared work. Reinvention and outside-the-box thinking are the hallmarks of our approach.
Operations Department Overview:
The Cinereach Operations Department ensures the work environment at Cinereach is productive and conducive to advancing our mission, seamless and responsive to programmatic needs, and that it reflects and fosters the organization’s values. It manages all operations and information technology systems as well as HR and professional development support.
The core responsibilities of the Operations department include:
• Internal & external Operations
• Facilities management
• Technology management
• Internal communication
• Alignment of workplace environment with organizational identity and values
• General team development, growth, transition, and retention.
The Head of Operations is tasked with proactively managing the operations of the organization while working closely with senior management to lead the continued growth of the company.
The position manages the Operations Associate, liaises with the Head of Post production and Technology, and reports to the Executive Director.
• Support and lead the Operations Department and oversee the department’s budget.
• Manage and oversee key aspects of the organization’s resources including the physical environment, identifying additional staffing needs, and additional resources as necessary to make the organization a healthy and enjoyable place to work.
• Establish and maintain insight into the company’s major projects to anticipate company needs.
• Recommend initiatives and adjustments to align the work environment with the organizational values while encouraging an entrepreneurial and supportive culture.
• Approve all operations activity including systems overhauls, upgrades, repairs, and timelines for such activity, and manage any operations specific vendors.
• Manage and ensure compliance with operations related policies and procedures.
• Manage key aspects of Cinereach’s human resources policies and procedures, including compensation, annual employee performance evaluations, benefits, time off policies, and liaise with HR consultants as necessary.
• Manage recruitment and hiring processes, including job postings, applicant reviews, and the onboarding process.
• Manage staff retention programs and policies to build and sustain professional development, growth opportunities, and resources for staff.
• Manage temporary staff as needed.
• Develop, maintain, and update the staff resource guides and handbooks.
• Run monthly staff meetings and manage inter-office communication.
• Ensure the organization is complying with all safety, fire, and any other applicable legal codes or regulations.
• Serve as a gracious public ambassador for the organization when interacting with filmmakers, artists, industry professionals, sponsors, donors, volunteers and audience members.
• Attend select film festivals and events to help represent the organization.
• Manage ‘front’ and ‘back’ office.
• Facilitate workplace ergonomics assistance and support
• Manage the daily activities and bookings of freelance staff. Develop methods to engage those working in remote locations.
• Assist with special projects as required.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Proven proactive thinker – taking initiative and acting in advance of an issue arising rather than simply reacting to circumstances and events.
• Solutions oriented self-starter with a strong sense of customer service.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly delegate responsibilities and facilitate discussions.
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to anticipate needs and respond promptly.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• 5+ years of broad operations management experience
• Bachelors Degree
• Advanced knowledge of Google Apps (Email, Calendar, Hangouts). Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• A general aptitude or proficiency of technology or systems support and the Mac environment.
Cinereach benefits for full-time employees include:
• Extensive healthcare package including vision and dental plans.
• 401k enrollment option.
• Paid time off includes holidays, vacation, personal, religious, and sick days.
• Transit benefits (incl. MTA Metrocard travel reimbursement).
• Long Term Disability Insurance.
This is a full time salaried position at our New York City office.
Legal authorization to work in the United States required.
Please submit a cover letter detailing the reasoning behind your interest in this position along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Head of Operations.” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Cinereach is an equal opportunity employer.
At Cinereach, we look to everyone on our team to actively contribute to our company culture and uphold our values, which include respect, responsibility, curiosity, innovation, honesty, and generosity. Each employee is a vital and equally valued member of our team.
Cinereach strives to be nimble and flexible in our approach. We value an open environment, which works best when its employees are conducting themselves with self-direction and entrepreneurialism. Pro-active problem solving, with an eye towards supporting each other, is highly encouraged and appreciated.